Monday, October 08, 2007

Black Magic Man

I believe in black magic... and voodoo dolls... and all the cranks who walk the planet.... in the dark side.

I once went to an old man (more than once actually) who looked at me long and hard. He was dark and wrinkled, with one glass eye. He had bad teeth and a crooked smile. But roughened hands with delicate fingers...those hands had done a lot, seen a lot. Those hands chose to help me....I let those hands help me.
He quietly listened to me, as tears ran down my cheek.

"Jo tu chahegi woh hee hoga"

I didnt believe him. He asked me to be patient. He wrote something on 3 pieces of paper with a yellow sketch pen. I watched the illegible handwriting. Watched as the beautiful hands drew words in Urdu which I didnt understand.

"Paani mein dalkar pee ja"

I went home... excited... apprehensive... scared.
I drank yellow water, and sat on the bed.
I heard mom calling me from a distance. I ran down the steps and started chatting with her. I read a book. Watched TV. Went to the market. But didnt cry...But didnt cry... But didnt think... But didnt remember the pain.

I'm going to him this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i come along?

Crimson Feet said...

i widnt usually disturb unnecessarily but ... am extremely curious here!! whats the symbolism in this one?
(unless there isnt any, in which case u must be kidding!!!)

Anonymous said...

waiting to hear what happened!
sorry i haven't been commenting here for awhile..college work jus seems to take the life outta you!