Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Doing Things Right

As far as doing things right go… I'm not very good at the formula.
Technically speaking, the formula would go something like:

Logical Reasoning+ A little Sensitivity
------------------------------------------------------------
Right Timing = Doing things Right

The only area I score on is the 'Sensitivity' bit. I'm pouring sensitivity,
understanding all the sentimental bullshit.
It's the logical reasoning where I fail somewhat, and timing… well.. the
word is still being constructed in my dictionary.

Therefore, I consider myself fully aware of the fact that I rarely do things
right. Even when I'm fully convinced that I've got the formula right, I
haven't. EVER.

An empirical experiment to prove the above stated formula:

Sitting on my comp at work, I come up with a brainwave to appease BF. The
options being:
1) Send flowers and card
2) Send a cake apologizing
3) Take him out for candlelit dinner, where I pre-order the sorry cake.
Also club it with flowers and cards.
4) Make a collage with our pictures.
5) Make a PowerPoint presentation with our pics/ videos etc. ( I love
this one… it would mean a lot of creativity combined with mush! Yum!)
6) Do all of the above


I choose option 6. (hello… don't look aghast. You are talking to the
queen of sop here !;)

I decide to begin with the flowers, followed by the cake, etc.etc.
PERFECT!

Straight after work, I rush to the florist. Have already decided the
flowers. 10 red roses and 10 whites. White signify peace and Red signify
love. ( god! I love myself!)
At the florist, I draft the card. I proclaim my undying love for the
man, and am truly impressed with my mastery at the English language.
I head home smug to the core!! The flowers will be at his doorstep
at 8.30am tom. BRILLIANT. He'll wake up with a smile , surrounded by
flowers!

Morning next.
9pm, I get the call. Ha! Its him!

" Thanks for the flowers"
"You're welcome! "
" The flowers and cards were circulated through the house before
they reached me. Mom-Dad, everyone's read them. Everyone's on my case about
u now. What were you thinking? You send flowers to my home, and u don't put
the card in an envelope, n now everyone wants to know what this is
about!!!!"

Oops.. What was I thinking?
In the process of trying to fix things.. I put myself in an even
more awkward situation. Instead of being thrilled about the flowers, he's
stressed about the 1 million questions he'll have to answer to two
inquisitive parents.
My poor darling!
I feel like masterminding some more 'Sorry' plans to help him get
over this faux pas of mine!

God! Wake up.

Have as of this second dropped the idea of getting the cake
delivered to his place with 'Sorry Darling" written on it.
Also, the CD with the PPT would now have to be hand delivered… TO
HIM… IN PERSON !!!

Infact, any surprises, will not be surprises anymore… but carefully
thought out and executed OPERATIONS.

1 comment:

lemon said...

dont worry about it..!! Shit happens..!!!