Thursday, October 09, 2008

Liar

people who dont lie very often find it doubly hard to lie, is it not?

I credit myself with being an honest person ( more or less) but sometimes, when things arent going exactly as planned, I do lie... it's not compulsive... its just a means to an end. Most of the times I just forget about it and then there are others ( like right now) when the guilt is ready to eat me alive!!!

Ok... so i did something major... and then to cover it up, I lied... now if i'd lied to my mom or dad or hubby, it'd might still be excusible, but I didnt. I dont want to get into the details of it, coz its just tooo utterly, totally, absolutely humiliating... however at this point in time, I feel like a piece of shit... scared that my lie will be caught, and everyone I love will be soooo disappointed in me.

The other way is to just come out with it... but just like lying, one needs guts for that too... so I'm in this moral dilemma, where my brain is rotting with guilt and I simply dont have the courage to confess.

therefore, I find myself praying... gawd! i feel like such a hypocrite even saying this... but yes, its true... have been praying that the lie doesnt get caught, and I'm able to work things out smoothly.

I'm never gonna lie about MAJOR things again! ...Hypocrite...!! why lie about small things either?!

Tell me one person who's never lied in his/ her life. Do they exist? I dont think so. And if u do a major gocchi then where do u go and hide?! what do I do.... this boat is sinking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me. I have never Ever lied in my life! I swear!

Proseaholics said...

i lie faster than superman can fly when i choose to. and im ok with it, as should you. the good thing bout being human is that perfection is not an option :)

but complulsive lying? now thats a different ballgame altogether.. if thats what you're doin, then its visit the shrink time. anything else, should just be let go of.

catmiester said...

K @ dont lie on my face!!! :P
Joey@ Dont think i've reached the point where i need to go to the shrink, but am guilty as charged on this one!

nitty-gritty said...

whn we r @ kindergarten value of dont lie is imposed on us but whn we r matured our interpretation to ths value drastically changes. evidently, being Hypocrite is more dangerous than being a liar ...