Thursday, January 18, 2007

Drunken Conversations Can be Revealing

I went for Mahima's wedding cocktail last evening... fun.
A few drinks and good music loosened me out a bit and I decided to call S.

In a voice which can only be described as ' not high yet, but getting there', I professed my undying love for the man and emphasized on the fact that I belong to him- thoroughly, sincerely, whole heartedly etc. etc. etc.
The other man... he means nothing.... Nobody means anything.... only he means something !

The reaction was, as usual, a calm, composed voice asking me how many 'cocktails' had I had ( I mean does the man even know that there's a word in the dictionary called Romance?!). Anyway, from nothing-affects-me mode, he moved on to Im-the -reason-they-invented-the-word-ice mode. He quietly heard me out...endless sniffles being the only sign of his existence on the other end.
He's unwell you see. No, no, nothing too serious. Just the regular cold-cough- fever thing. I almost felt myself imposing on the time chalked out for blowing his nose! But that wasnt going to stop me, was it?!! Nononononono.. I needed the reaction. A REACTION. ANY REACTION!
And good as I am at getting things what I want, after much coaxing I heard him mutter, " I dont want to be with anyone else but you, either!"
Yippyyyyyy ! My evening was made... infact... my life was made.

Thats it?
One line the guy says and Im jumping out of my skin?
Is that all I'm worth? All I'm about?

No comments: