Thursday, February 15, 2007

PhoneBooth

There was an incident which I chose NOT to narrate to you yesterday. No
particular reason, I didn't pay much attention to it… basically it just
slipped my mind.
Well, the incident took place again today… it's fresh in my mind and now I'm
just itching to tell you about it.

Here's how it goes:

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. No Boy friend. Nobody. All sorts of weird-ass
fucking blues blowing my mind apart. Void.

N then I get a call…

" Hello"
No one speaks.
" Hello"
A couple of seconds pass. Someone's listening to my voice. Quietly. I hear
noise in the background… traffic, cars moving, people talking. Sounds like a
public phone booth.
"Hello"
Click.

I keep the cell phone down ...stare at it for a minute. Go into my 'Call
Register' and check the number. Should I call back? Should I not? Maybe it
was just a wrong number. Maybe it wasn't.
I dismiss the random thots. Get back to work. But mind is on the phone. I
want to know who called.

I call the number.
It's ringing.

I hear a voice.
"Heeeelloooooo"
I try to judge it. Somewhat rustic. Bad English. Gotto be a shopkeeper!
" Heeeelloooooo"
I'm quiet. I don't know what I'm thinking. I KNOW ITS NOT S. But I'm
looking for a sign… any sign that he was there… that had called me. No sign.

Click.

Ok, so it wasn't him. Was just a wrong number, so stop making it into a big
deal!! OKKKK! Forget it.

That was yesterday.

I get another call today… from the same number.

" Hello"
Silence
" Hello, who is that?"
Click

I'm pissed. I decide to call back on the number and speak to the man,
whoever he is. What the hell is this mind-fuck?

I call.

Me- "Hello"
Him- " Heeeelllooooo"
Me- " Hi. I got a missed call from this number. Who is that?"
Him( irritable)- "This is an STD Booth. We don't know who called you. There
are hundreds of people who walk in an out of here all the time !!!"
Me- " Someone called less than 2 minutes ago. Could you tell me who was the
last person who called from this number?"
Him( snort!)- "I don't know. It was some guy!"
Me-" What area of Delhi is that?"
Him- "Nariana"
Me- " Could you describe the guy a bit?"
Him ( thoroughly fed up)- " Lady, I'm busy !!!"
Click

Now, I don't know a SOUL in that part of Delhi… except…. S. His office is
in Nariana, near PVR theatre.

I'm nervous. I'm excited. I'm angry at myself for being nervous and excited.
And yet I am.
The guy has made my life a living hell for the last 2 years and I'm nervous
and excited at the remote possibility that he's now giving me blank calls (
Ok… not so remote… highly probable!).???!!! What kind of an asshole am I
???? Not good.

Here's what I'm thinking with an nasty smirk on my face:

So… I'm not the ONLY one in pain!
So… the guy misses me
So… the guy's football stadium-sized ego seems to be melting
So… I want to hurt him
So… I want to hurt him the way he's hurt me

Yes… I am evil and I love it.

I strengthen my resolve of NOT calling him…Lets see how much longer he
holds. :-)

4 comments:

lemon said...

he he he..good thinking..!! u go hurt him gurl..if he hurt u..he definitly deserves it..!!! :)

thanks for stoppin by my blog :)

... said...

methinks differently... get on with your life.. actually let me tell you a story.. You see, there were two monks return from the Chaumasa that Buddha had asked everyone in his order to follow.. for four months the monks live elsewhere, because it rains too much... anyway, on returning there was a beautiful woman who couldn't cross the river.. one of the monks offered to carry her accross.. the other told him that it was against their dharma to touch a woman. yet the other helped her accross.. when they reached the Sangha, the other rushed upto Buddha and described the incident, how the woman's full breasts were on the monks back, how she smelt of roses etc. etc. etc. The monk who had carried the woman meanwhile had cleaned his hands and feet and was already in meditation..
Buddha told the snitching monk.. look, your friend carried the woman accross the river and dropped her at the other bank, while you have carried her all the way to me!!

catmiester said...

Lemonade: Hehehehe! Love u babe!

Xanjukta: Its a nice thought. But would'nt I be a monk if I actually did that? I know I'm being nasty... but what the hell! We all are in our own way... no?

Some show it, some fake innocence. what say?

jairaj said...

:) cheers!