Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Utopia




The long long chat with K yesterday left me in a funny mood- At the one end I was energized, ready to take on life, focus on my career, be placid ( like he says)
And at the other extreme I felt disillusioned ... disillusioned with life and people and men in particular.
There are realities which you know exist and then there is facing those realities in the face. In my life those realities exist elsewhere... pain is not really happening to me... men are not conniving bastards but complexed individuals needing only a little scraping on the surface to bring out their true essence.
Well, according to K, I need to wake up... get out of this dream world and face the harsh facts of reality.
I propose the foll questions in reply:
- Why not create your own alternate reality when you clearly see that the world you live in is not a perfect haven
- Why not judge people through the eyes of that alternate world where atleast beautiful things happen ... where people change... where people dont intentionally hurt each other... Where realisation is a constant.
According to K, the only thing constant is change. Well said. I know that.
In my alternate reality change happens too... but on some sub conscious level... In a dream... Or then... maybe not.
I know the man is right on more than one account... but its extremely difficult for me to understand what is going on here.
I've lived in a movie all my life... and this is NOT how its supposed to end.

Happy or Sad ... I'm not prepared to wake up ...

No comments: