Sunday, September 23, 2007

Men. Men. Men

Weekends... oh! weekends!

What a weekend.

Out partying... 2 movies in 2 days... lots of action, no conciliation... with myself.

Kept myself distracted through the last two days. Went out and indulged in mindless activites.
But you know the mind... it never stops, does it?!

New developments happen simultaneously... parents have presented me with a new predicament. Another man.
As always... the need to see me settled, surpasses any other depressive tendencies of mine which they need to help me with from time to time.

I hear out the proposal. In their voice, I detect the eagerness veiled with apprehension. after all, how many men have I rejected on the basis of xyz criteria. I rejected a guy on the basis of his moustache.

For christ sake! Who does that? How superficial am I?????!!

But I ask u, my friends, an honest, serious question... in this day and age, which sane man keeps a moustache? And...if he does keep a moustach.... then is it a reflection of a way of thinking or not????

Men. Men. Men.

They're getting on my nerves... from every angle possible. Breathing fire down my neck and pumping poison in my blood. Wanting a piece of me while killing my mind and soul.
The extreme sense of revulsion I feel towards these species of blood sucking maggots, suprises me.
Question being... am I ever likely to get over this? Any inclination to give... to do something for someone is gone. And now another man who wants to enter my zone of madness.

Why?

Would it interest him to know that I'm not the kind of girl one gets settled with. I will ... in all likelyhood drive myself and him crazy with my own dementia.

Maybe, I shall communicate with the man... have a real conversation... put my cards on the table... reveal my true nature... and then let him judge whether he really wants to do this.
If I were him... I'd pack my bags and run as fast as I can!!! hahaha!

Ive decided to have some fun with this situation... to create some excitement in my boring life. Give the guy a dose. After all, he's decided to invade my privacy at a time when I'm nicely curled up in my shell... sulking.
I know I'm sulking... and I want to... for a while. Till I find my smile again. He might want to plant that smile on my face... but do I want him to, is the question. Hmmmm... lemme see.... no! Thank you, mister. I'm doing just fine without you!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Crimson Feet said...

:)... no wonder you were so elated to find a 'man' who can understand what women feel.. in at least one area!!

an unsolicited advice.. Sartre n Nietzsche (even albert camus or any existential philosopher) are not really good authors to read while being in the state of mind u seem to be in.. it could destroy your will to live meaningfully for a long time... unless u read them for what they are "JUST GOOD BOOKS" ... dont derive meanings and parallels! there arent any that matter...

i have not read 'laughable loves' but have read milan kundera's 'the unbearable lightness of being'.. and i dont really think he exactly caters to maintaining peace and sanity in the mind of his readers!!

...a sincere 'all the best' for successfully facing the ordeal!

Vinisha said...

Superficial for rejecting a man with a moustache? No hun, that was just good sense. Moustache might not reflect a way of thinking, but it certainly looks gross. A goatee or french beard looks good, depending on the face cut.

I was just talking to a married friend about the needlessness of being married or having to live with someone for your entire life. I still can't figure out why one would want to.