Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Static Progress

As anticipated... the day has begun on a sour note.

Have been bombarded with phone calls by folks outlining the merits of 'mystery prospective (fucking) groom'

Its pathetic.

I'm pathetic.

My reactions have been most non-commital. Considering the extent of my anger at this entire situation, all I did was hear them out... quietly.

Silence is dangerous... it can be misjudged for acceptance. I deliberately let them misjudge my silence and now I'm regretting it.

Regretting it? I'm not sure... I'm simply confused over the course of action I should undertake. Post lunch, I am expecting a photograph, which I've been told to approve. Because...

"The family is good... the guy is good... blah... blah... blah... "

A part of me revolts strongly at the thought of getting married to a complete stranger... I mean... who the hell is he? Where did he come from? what if he's a wife beater?

Another part of me questions my own decisions... Have I not had enough of experimenting? Past breakups... present fuck ups.

Am I in control of my own life, to be able to make a wise decision for myself?

No comments: